Just an update on what’s going on Trac – bbPress 1.0.3 milestone has 3 tickets left (all the tickets have patches and 1 depends on a BackPress ticket), while 1.1 milestone has 4 tickets left (2 haves patches, and 2 need patches). There’s also another BackPress ticket that needs to be fixed (which also has a patch). That means that bbPress 1.1 is very near to its release!
How can you help?
- Checkout a copy of bbPress trunk version via SVN and test it.
- Test the patches of the open tickets.
- Contribute patches to the tickets which don’t have one.
What’s new in bbPress 1.1?
- Email subscriptions
- Loginless posting
- Better administration of posts and topics
- Better search and statistics
- Bug fixes. Some critical ones are – #1261 (RSS feeds errors), #1146 (faster recount functions), #1150 (undelete topic error).
- Better tags administration (if #1243 goes in)
Some tickets that missed 1.1 milestone are #960 (better user administration) and #1277 (kakumei cleanup) even though they had patches but could cause errors as they were huge changes and needed more testing. They might get into 1.2 though.