JJJ posted an update on the bbPress plugin on bbPress forums, you may check it out in case you missed it.
Just an update on what’s going on Trac – bbPress 1.0.3 milestone has 3 tickets left (all the tickets have patches and 1 depends on a BackPress ticket), while 1.1 milestone has 4 tickets left (2 haves patches, and 2 need patches). There’s also another BackPress ticket that needs to be fixed (which also has a patch). That means that bbPress 1.1 is very near to its release!
How can you help?
- Checkout a copy of bbPress trunk version via SVN and test it.
- Test the patches of the open tickets.
- Contribute patches to the tickets which don’t have one.
What’s new in bbPress 1.1?
- Email subscriptions
- Loginless posting
- Better administration of posts and topics
- Better search and statistics
- Bug fixes. Some critical ones are – #1261 (RSS feeds errors), #1146 (faster recount functions), #1150 (undelete topic error).
- Better tags administration (if #1243 goes in)
Some tickets that missed 1.1 milestone are #960 (better user administration) and #1277 (kakumei cleanup) even though they had patches but could cause errors as they were huge changes and needed more testing. They might get into 1.2 though.
Here are the developments which have taken place in the last 4 weeks (all commits by chrishajer, unless mentioned):
- : Always show database host input on installaation screen. Fixes #1270, props dimadin
- : Link author’s name to their profile page in topic.php. Fixes #1227. Props Nightgunner5, GautamGupta
- : Better statistics page design. Fixes #1232. Props Nightgunner5, GautamGupta
- : Add back in jQuery.noConflict which was inadvertently dropped in changeset 2416. Fixes #1269, reported by Milan Dinic, props GautamGupta
- [2423:2424]: If the only post of a topic is deleted, redirect to topic_url?view=all and when undeleting a topic, only undelete that topic’s posts, not all posts. Fixes #1150 – by mdawaffe
- : Never use bb_no_where() on get_thread_where hook. Fixes #1271 – by mdawaffe
- [2427:2428]: Allow international characters in forum slugs; new filter editable_slug. Fixes #1257, props Markus Pezold
- : Reported by mr_pelle. Patch in  broke relevant search results. Fixes #1222. Props GautamGupta
- : Fix feed further. Fixes #1261 Props GautamGupta
Also, we have virtually completed the 1.0.3 milestone! 😀 Some more tickets have been opened on the 1.0.3 milestone and we are fixing those.
Only two tickets have been fixed in the last 14 days, here’s the report (all commits by chrishajer):
- : RSS feed validation code changes. (You will need to update any custom theme.) Fixes #1181. Props sambauers, GautamGupta
- : Administrators should not be able to delete or edit keymasters. Fixes #1201. Props GautamGupta
By the way, only 1 ticket is left for the 1.0.3 milestone :D.
Not much development happened this week, here’s the report (all commits by chrishajer):
- : Add throttle time setting to Options Writing admin screen. Fixes #1185. Props Nightgunner5, _ck_
- : Text fields background color CSS fixes for Opera 10.50. Fixes #1263. Props jurasiks, GautamGupta
- : Check bb_ksd_pre_post_status before sending out “subscribe to topic” notifications”. Fixes #1233, props Nightgunner5
In this week, there have been only bug fixes and enhancement commits, here is the list (all by chrishajer):
- : Add filters to bb_title. Fixes #1184 – Props Nightgunner5, GautamGupta
- : Cleanup array_merge PHP5 warning when pingbacks are enabled by typecasting array. Fixes #1214, props Gautam Gupta
- : Add arguments to bb_topic_admin filter. Fixes #1237 props Nightgunner5, GIGALinux
- : Set default timezone in PHP 5. Fixes #1241. Props GIGALinux, GautamGupta
- : Fix Relevant Post links in search results. Fixes #1222. Props GautamGupta
- : Swap lines in bb-post.php to allow plugin to modify permalinks without modifying core. Fixes #1192, props GIGALinux
- : Load latest (1.4.2) jQuery, and whitespace fixes. Fixes #1173. Props GautamGupta
And here’s a good news! Milestone 1.0.3 is about to complete! Check all the tickets for 1.0.3 milestone here.
Here is a list of new features/tasks in bbPress 1.1:
- Subscribe to Topic [2384:2388] – by matt
- Anonymous Posting  – by filosofo
- Bulk edit for topics and posts in admin section  – by mdawaffe
Here are the fixed bugs/enhancements (all by sambaeurs, unless mentioned):
- : Better looking move topic form, fixes #1164.
- : Fix spelling. Fixes #1171. Props filosofo.
- : Make post form topic title maklength match length of column in MySQL. Fixes #1166.
- : Filter the list of stats. Fixes #1169.
- [2352:2356]: Faster recounting, see #1146. Props _ck_.
- : Remove check and throttle from cron. Fixes #1177.
- : Add filters to user facing email messages and subjects. Remove password reset security bug/annoyance.
- : Put User ID into user list in admin as a title on the username. Fixes #1154.
- : Make actual date of last post a title attribute on the freshness column.
- : Tidy up a deprecated function.
- : Try getting the user by both username and ID when fetching profiles. Fixes #1179.
- : Properly deal with backwards compatibility in post_form(). Fixes #1178.
- : Use a blank key instead of the default string when no KEY constant is specified in bb_salt() and friends. Fixed in a different way, but props to bobrik for report and initial patch. Fixes #1180.
- [2367:2369]: Make input name for “remember” checkbox common with WordPress and deal with legacy checkboxes.
- : Add a “lostpassword” action to the default login form in the header.
- : Full URL redirecting from bb_auth()
- : Standardize login input names with WordPress login input names.
- : Force indentation on timezone selector options (since non-breaking spaces are now gone). Only matters in some browsers.
- : Put the RSS feed description into CDATA. Fixes #1181. Will be reversed, see #1181.
- : Typo in forum exclusion in get_latest_topics() – by mdawaffe
- : Make sure recent search is ordered by post_time. – by mdawaffe
- [2381:2383]: Warning-free – by matt
- : Format big numbers with commas. – by matt
- : Restore omitted global objects. Props Gautam Gupta. Fixes #1231. – by filosofo
- : Remove comma splice. – by filosofo
- : If dir() didn’t take, don’t try to read it. – by mdawaffe
-  & : Fix redirect on topic deletion. Fixes #1245. – by mdawaffe
- [2394:2396]: PHP Notices – by mdawaffe
- : Add bb_query_form_inputs filter to allow additional form inputs in BB_Query_Form. Fixes #1250. – by mdawaffe
- : Typo: let the name/id autogenerate to the correct values – by mdawaffe
- : Typo: init_roles is an action, not a filter – by mdawaffe
- : Fixes #1199, props ashfame, chipbennett – by chrishajer
- : Set 0755 folder permissions for my-templates and my-plugins upon creation. Fixes #1139 props GautamGupta – by chrishajer
- : Supply global tag page when trying to access a non-existent tag. fixes #1197 props delayedinsanity, GautamGupta – by chrishajer
- : Replace “wanna” with “want to” in delete/undelete confirmation messages. fixes #1258, props bhcarpenter – by chrishajer
- : Fix code to allow moderator access to existing Akismet stats menu item. Fixes #1216, props waclawjacek, hpguru, Nightgunner5 – by chrishajer
- : Link ‘%s ago’ to the actual post in profile pages. Enhancement fixes #1251, props Gautam Gupta – by chrishajer
These changes are from 12 August 2009 till today, i.e. 30 March 2010. Please tell me if I have missed anything.